International Students

Cornwall welcomes international students because of the diverse perspectives they bring to our institutions of higher learning.

The first step to becoming an international student is to apply to a designated learning institution. Click here to see if the school you are interested is a designated learning institution.

Once you have been accepted to a school, you will need to get a study permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. To be eligible to study in Canada, you must:

  • Prove that you have enough money to pay for tuition fees, living expenses and return transportation;
  • Have no criminal record;
  • Be in good health.

For more information on how to get a study permit, please click on the following link:

If you decide to continue your studies, you can apply to extend your study permit. Please click the following link to find out how:

If you would like to continue working for an Ontario employer after graduation, you may have the opportunity to do so through the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program

St. Lawrence College

Each year, St. Lawrence College welcomes hundreds of international students from more than 40 countries and counting. For more information on how to apply, please click on the following website: